Wondering what meditation is really all about.
Check out this awesome video from WhatMeditationReallyIs.com. They break it down in less than 3 mins. Dispel all of the meditation myths that you might have heard along the way. Get to the heart of what meditation really is.
Meditation is a beautiful and challenging practice. That is the key practice. From the very first time you try meditation you will begin to reap benefits. Here are just a few of the benefits of meditation:
- tames the stresses and emotions that upset our personal lives, opening us to inner calm and well-being
- deepens our connections with others and with the world around us
- It nurtures higher levels of clarity, harmony, and joy
- values inquiry into how we perceive the world, helping us expand beyond the inner stories and emotions that limit our experience
- offers us a journey to growth, discovery and new experiences
Like any new practice beginning a meditation practice can be daunting.
The video below breaks it down in less than 3 mins. It will talk you through the simple steps to starting to relax your mind. Letting your mind be just as it is; letting your thoughts and emotions come and go. Transitioning into a observer you open to a new awareness.
A Mala is a tool that can aid in meditation.
Having a tactile object in your hand aids you to focus and be present. A mala help you to remain grounded as you move from one bead to the next you allow for a simple flow of meditation. Working your way around the mala breathing in and out relaxes the mind and allows for a transition into a passive state of observance. In this article we walk you through how to use a mala to engage in a chakra meditation. Visualizing each chakra and moving from one chakra to the next as you move through the mala.